Rollo Insurance Blog
Although the vast majority of homeowners have homeowner’s insurance policies,
according to the advocacy group Consumer Action, significant life changes may increase or decrease your risk and need for insurance protection.
Whether you own a home or are renting a home in the Dripping Springs area, it’s good to periodically evaluate your situation. Here are a few questions to consider.
• Has your family situation changed? Have you married or divorced? Or have adult children moved in or out of your home?
• Have you remodeled or added to your home?
• Have you added security alarms or a sprinkler system?
• Have you upgraded your heating, plumbing or electric?
• Have you added a swimming pool, hot tub, trampoline, tool shed or gazebo?
• Have you acquired a dog? Or, do you no longer have one? (According to Consumer Action, dog bites are a top reason for homeowners insurance liability claims.)
• Do you have more — or less — jewelry or electronics?
• Do you rent your home? Do you operate an Airbnb?
• Have you started a home-based business?
• Are you at risk for flooding? (Standard home insurance policies do not cover flooding. You can buy flood insurance through an agent or the National Flood Insurance Program.)
If any of these changes apply to you, give Rollo Insurance of Dripping Springs a call or reach out to us here. It’s a good rule of thumb to refer back to this checklist at least once a year and give yourself an insurance checkup. Though you may find that you need expanded coverage, a comprehensive policy will save you money in the long run. At Rollo Insurance, your protection is our priority!